Oh, you’re off from work all of next week? Great. Going home a little early to visit family and friends? That’s fantastic. Already finished your holiday shopping? Well, that’s just so special.
You should definitely share all of that with someone who cares.
For the rest of us schmoes who must trudge into work next week only to deal with endless “out-of-office” e-mail replies and dozens of unreturned phone calls, you should be able to understand that it’s a little hard to get into the holiday spirit right now.
So in that “spirit,” here’s a list of holiday songs that deserve a lump of coal:
1. “Santa Baby” by Eartha Kitt. (slb)
2. “Deck Da Club” by Ying Yang Twins. (Blackink)
3. “Funky, Funky Christmas” by New Kids on the Block. (Monica)
4. “Christmas Shoes” by Newsong. (Brokey)
5. “Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays” by N’Sync. (Nicole)
6. “Jingle Bellz” by Juelz Santana. (Angela)
7. “Christmas in Hollis” by Run DMC. (Jamelle)
8. “Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer” by Dr. Elmo. (Melissa)
9. “I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus” by The Jackson Five. (slb)
10. “Christmas Don’t be Late” by Alvin and The Chipmunks (Shani)
Looking back on it, I have no idea how my parents tolerated me playing that song over and over again as a little boy. I suppose that could be filed under “unconditional love.”
Also, there’s a number of iterations of “This Christmas” that deserve mention here. But there’s no need for overkill. I’m sure you all, our dear readers, have heard them plenty in the past couple of weeks.
Enjoy the weekend. We’ll be a little more cheerful next week, okay?