Apparently, hundreds of thousands of obnoxious and horny college students are about to converge on unsuspecting beach towns around the country to enjoy something regularly referred to as Spring Break.
I say it that way because it seems none of us here at PostBourgie ever enjoyed the kind of bacchanalia that lured our classmates to South Padre Island and Panama City Beach. Most of us went back home, others worked through the week and at least one of us celebrated, um, “Reading Week.”
Right. For better or worse, we’re nerds and recluses.
So to honor those of us who opted out of sun-drenched beaches and drunken fun with coeds for family time in Arkansas we’ve got a soundtrack for the weekend. Eric Nies would totally hate us:
1. “What About Your Friends” by TLC (R.A.B.)
2. “Take On Me” by Zo & Tigallo (slb)
3. “Hanging By a Moment” by Lifehouse (Quadmoniker)
4. “Don’t You Forget About Me” by Simple Minds (slb)
5. “Ships Pass” by J-Live (Alisa)
6. “Sittin’ Up In My Room” by Brandy (Blackink)
7. “Casimir Pulaski Day” by Sufjan Stevens (slb)
8. “Song of the Four Seasons” by Samurai Champloo (R.A.B.)
9. “This is Love” by PJ Harvey (Quadmoniker)
10. “I Need Love” by LL Cool J (slb)
Yeah. If any of you all are interested, we’ll be downing glass after glass of grape drink in our rooms this weekend.
If you’re smart, you won’t be interested.
Enjoy the weekend.