Because we’re exactly two weeks away from Dec. 25 (Christians, in particular, like to refer to the day as Christmas) and Shani-o is a really demanding boss, today’s Friday Random Ten will be a celebration of Christmas music.
As Shani noted in her post over at Alyssa’s spot, we know that not everyone who reads this blog is a Christian. And, as she mentioned, not everyone who contributes to this blog is Christian.
But it’s hard to deny the allure of the holiday season – the chill in the air, the colorful lights, the fragrant evergreens, the comfort food, all the chubby, bearded white guys asking you to sit on their laps.
And with that comes the music. So …
1. We Three Kings by The California Raisins (Brokey)
2. O Holy Night by Johnny Mathis (Shani-o)
3. Santa Baby by Eartha Kitt (Belleisa)
4. Christmas in Hollis by Run DMC (Jamelle)
5. This Christmas by Donny Hathaway (Blackink)
6. Let It Snow by Boyz II Men featuring Brian McKnight (Brokey)
7. All I Want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey (Belleisa)
8. Merry Christmas (I Don’t Want to Fight Tonight) by The Ramones (Jamelle)
9. Christmas Time is Here by The Vince Guaraldi Trio from “Charlie Brown Christmas” (Brokey). Here’s a dope guitar cover by Rob Bourassa.
10. Chanukah Song by Adam Sandler (Shani-o)
Oh what the hell. Since it’s the season of giving, how about five more?
11. Boot-off by Bootsy Collins (Blackink)
12. I’d Like You for Christmas by Julie London (Brokey)
13. Baby, It’s Cold Outside by Dolly Parton and Rod Stewart (Belleisa)
14. Silent Night by The Temptations (Shani-o)
15. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus by The Jackson Five (Brokey)
This is not – at all – a comprehensive list. Or even a list of our favorites. Just a list.
Help us out in the comments section … I know we didn’t include some very special holiday offerings from Silk, K-Ci & JoJo and the Quad City DJs.
Also, if upbeat isn’t your thing, please check out Brokey’s post about the “five saddest Christmas songs ever in life.”
Play on, playas.