On behalf of my far-flung PostBourgie blogmates, I made plans Saturday to gas up the Altima, head two hours north on Interstate 75 and enjoy an old-fashioned Quran bonfire with Pastor Fu Manchu.
Alas, now I’ve got a handful of matches, a taste for flames and nothing to burn. Because Allah knows I’m not driving all the way to Springfield, Tenn.
So in an effort to let off a little steam, we’ve cobbled together a list of 10 songs for the inner arsonist – and for a very vocal minority, bigot – in all of us. All you Hot Boyz and Hot Girlz out there know what I’m talking about:
1. “Don’t Touch Me (Throw Da Water on ‘Em)” by Busta Rhymes (Brokey)
3. “Fire” by Ohio Players (Angela)
4. “Sunny Came Home” by Shawn Colvin (Nicole)
5. “Fire and Desire” by Rick James featuring Teena Marie (Blackink)
6. “We Be Burnin'” by Sean Paul (Brokey)
8. “Sleep Now in the Fire” by Rage Against the Machine. (Melissa A)
9. “Fire Starter” by Prodigy (Belleisa)
10. “Catch a Fire” by Bob Marley (Naima)
Guess I’ll just have to settle for watching some football this weekend. Hope the rest of y’all had a backup plan.