Every couple of years or so, we seem to get drawn into national conversation about niggers and niggas – or n-words, if you prefer – and which group of people should and shouldn’t be able to use the word.
We’re now a week into this silly debate following Dr. Laura’s racist on-air rant without really digging down into her most salient point: comedians and rappers are saying this shit all the time and no one cares!
Did you all know she was watching old episodes of “Video Vibrations” and “Def Comedy Jam” like that? Guess her bodyguard must have put her on game.
Anyway, this is a great time to revisit some classic – we use that word very loosely – songs that drop an “n-bomb” or two on our so-sensitive ears. The list includes a few from some unexpected sources, not unlike Dr. Laura who seemed mighty comfortable with the word.
1. Mr. Nigga by Mos Def (Brokey)
2. Oliver’s Army by Elvis Costello (Jamelle)
3. Woman is the Nigger of the World by John Lennon & Yoko Ono (slb)
4. One in a Million by Guns N’ Roses (Melissa)
5. Sucka Nigga by A Tribe Called Quest (Blackink)
6. Killa Hill Nigga by Cypress Hill (Naima)
7. Gold Digger by Kanye Fest featuring Jamie Foxx (Monica)
8. I’m Real (remix) by Jennifer Lopez featuring Ja-Rule (Shani-o)
9. Anti-Nigger Machine by Public Enemy (Angela)
10. Nigga Please by Ol’ Dirty Bastard (Blackink)
I’m sure we missed a few or couple hundred. Re-educate us below in the comments section.
Peace, my nuckas.