With at least 7 pounds, 10 ounces and 20 inches of newborn to care for these days, our blogsister Stacia has a lot on her hands and heart and mind.
And because we never miss a chance to do it big when it comes to celebrating milestones – as she once said in advance of my big day earlier this year – we’re devoting this Friday’s Random Ten to songs in honor of Stacia and the lovely Story Jean.
Below, you’ll find a medley of tunes about mamas, babies, baby mamas and baby babies.
As always, be sure to add your own blessings, plaudits and/or suggestions in the comments section.
Because it takes a village and all that jazz:
1. If I Could by Regina Belle (Brokey)
2. Sweet Child O’ Mine by Guns N’ Roses (Monica)
3. Isn’t She Lovely by Stevie Wonder (Brokey)
4. To Zion by Lauryn Hill (Belleisa)
5. Joy by Blackstreet (Brokey)
6. Whitechocolatespaceegg by Liz Phair (Monica)
7. Heaven by Jamie Foxx (Brokey)
8. Baby by Brandy (Blackink)
9. Stacy’s (Stacia’s?) Mom by Fountains of Wayne (Belleisa)
10. In My Daughter’s Eyes by Martina McBride (Blackink)
And out of respect for the new mother’s wishes, I didn’t even include the kinda-sorta classic, “Thanks For My Child” by the one and only Cheryl Pepsii Riley.
So you’re welcome, Stacia. And congrats.