It’s a little bananas over here in the completely conceptual PB offices, but there will be some proper posting going on tomorrow. Pinky promise.
Until then, some links for your perusal:
- Obama announces a drawdown to the war in Afghanistan, beginning with bringing 33,000 troops home this summer.
- Jose Antonio Vargas, a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist, on life as an illegal undocumented immigrant. “I decided then that I could never give anyone reason to doubt I was an American.
- I convinced myself that if I worked enough, if I achieved enough, I would be rewarded with citizenship. I felt I could earn it…Over the past 14 years, I’ve graduated from high school and college and built a career as a journalist, interviewing some of the most famous people in the country. On the surface, I’ve created a good life. I’ve lived the American dream. But I am still an undocumented immigrant. …It means going about my day in fear of being found out.”
- Why ugly cancer pictures don’t work against smoking.
- How Diane Ravitch, the education historian, became the leading critic of erstwhile DC Public Schools chief Michelle Rhee.
- Here it is/a groove slightly transformed…guidelines for making a summer jam that knocks
Latest posts by G.D. (see all)
- The Only Thing Missing From ‘The Best Man Holiday’ Was Madea. - November 20, 2013
- 150 Years Ago Today. - November 19, 2013
- Random Midday Hotness: My Friends And I Have Cracked The Code. (Plus A Question.) - November 7, 2013