On this week’s ep, Joel, Jamelle and G.D. are joined by Slate’s Aisha Harris and Prof. Sarah Jackson of Northeastern University to discuss Quentin Tarantino’s messy, subversive, confounding slavery revenge flick, Django Unchained.
(Do we even have to mention that there are going to be mad spoilers?)
- Jelani Cobb wasn’t feeling it.
- Aisha places it in the tradition of other blaxploitation westerns. (Plus: Aisha fact-checks Mandingo fighting.)
- Jamelle thinks it’s a corrective to films like Birth of a Nation and Gone With the Wind.
- The Only Thing Missing From ‘The Best Man Holiday’ Was Madea. - November 20, 2013
- 150 Years Ago Today. - November 19, 2013
- Random Midday Hotness: My Friends And I Have Cracked The Code. (Plus A Question.) - November 7, 2013