On this week’s ep, Joel, Jamelle and G.D. are joined by Slate’s Aisha Harris and Prof. Sarah Jackson of Northeastern University to discuss Quentin Tarantino’s messy, subversive, confounding slavery revenge flick, Django Unchained.
(Do we even have to mention that there are going to be mad spoilers?)
- Jelani Cobb wasn’t feeling it.
- Aisha places it in the tradition of other blaxploitation westerns. (Plus: Aisha fact-checks Mandingo fighting.)
- Jamelle thinks it’s a corrective to films like Birth of a Nation and Gone With the Wind.
- The Most Important Angry Black Women In Hollywood History. - September 22, 2014
- Random Midday Hotness: In Which Carlton Goes In. - September 17, 2014
- A List Of Rules For Women. - September 3, 2014