On this week’s ep, Joel, Jamelle and G.D. are joined by Slate’s Aisha Harris and Prof. Sarah Jackson of Northeastern University to discuss Quentin Tarantino’s messy, subversive, confounding slavery revenge flick, Django Unchained.
(Do we even have to mention that there are going to be mad spoilers?)
- Jelani Cobb wasn’t feeling it.
- Aisha places it in the tradition of other blaxploitation westerns. (Plus: Aisha fact-checks Mandingo fighting.)
- Jamelle thinks it’s a corrective to films like Birth of a Nation and Gone With the Wind.
- Blogging Scandal: Pull It Together, Olivia. - April 10, 2014
- Random Midday Hotness: Winter Is Coming, So Scoot A Little Closer, Baby. - April 7, 2014
- Blogging Scandal: We Do Not Touch The First Ladies. (Season 3, Ep. 12) - March 13, 2014