I’ve been reading Ta-Nehisi since his time at the Village Voice back in the day. We’ve been linking to is blog for a hot minute now, because we sorta wanna be him when we grow up. (We got the hip-hop-loving, hood-raised, left-tilting political junkie part down).
I finally got to meet him at a book reading* for his new memoir, The Beautiful Struggle, which is so gorgeously written it almost begs to be read aloud.
1) Dude is tall. Like, NBA 2-guard, tall.
2) Ta-Nehisi, after I told him I was a big fan of his blog: ‘I don’t know if you wanna know this, but I write that in the morning in my t-shirt and draws.’
3) He reads PostBourgie. Oh, word? Amped.
*I had my phone off at the reading, so Stacia was calling excitedly about Edwards endorsing Obama and I completely missed it. I was hating when I found out she was there; she was hating when I told her where I was. So it’s a push.
Latest posts by G.D. (see all)
- Random Midday Hotness: ‘Cups’ x ‘Monster’ - July 16, 2014
- Random Midday Hotness: On A Day Like Today. - July 11, 2014
- When Afrocentric Art Goes [Right]: Tim Howard Enters the Pantheon. - July 1, 2014